Founded in 1967, the Ulm University enjoys an excellent reputation for innovative research, interdisciplinarity and successful training. Its four faculties (Engineering, Computer Science and Psychology; Mathematics and Economics; Medicine; Natural Sciences) teach more than 10,000 students and offer more than 60 study programmes. 16 study programmes lead to a master’s degree and are taught in English.
Study at Ulm University
Outstanding environment of research and teaching
In an outstanding environment of research and teaching, students and scientists are working to meet the challenges of tomorrow. They profit from the university’s location in a high-tech region of Germany with many world-class companies. The university plays a central role in the Science City of Ulm, not only as the region’s biggest educational facility, but also as an important motor for R&D.
Closely connected to cooperation partners
Cooperation with external research organisations and industrial partners is particularly important at all stages – from training to research to application:
• BATTERY TECHNOLOGIES FOR THE FUTURE – in particular for electromobility – are being developed in cooperation with the HIU Helmholtz Institute Ulm and the Zentrum für Sonnenenergie- und Wasserstoff-Forschung Baden-Württemberg (ZSW).
• Within the alliance InnoSÜD a partnership-based collaboration of Ulm University with the Universities of Applied Sciences in the region around Biberach, Neu-Ulm and Ulm is going to strengthen the innovation transfer across the entire value creation chain in the Danube-Iller region as one of Europe’s most dynamic and economic areas.
• Research into intelligent driver assistance systems for fully-automated vehicles is being conducted together with partners from industry at driveU and Tech center a drive.
• The public-private partnership Boehringer Ingelheim ULM UNIVERSITY BIOCENTER (BIU) with the pharmaceutical industry helps to obtain the latest research findings in pulmology, neurology and cardiology.
• The Scientific Computing Centre Ulm (UZWR) provides small and medium-sized businesses in particular with tailored solutions for the numerical simulation of complex problems.
• In the Centre for Digitalisation, Analytics & Data Science Ulm (DASU) Ulm University of Applied Sciences (THU) and Ulm University are collaborating in research, development, transfer and teaching accross disciplines concerning these topics.
Excellent health care
The Ulm University Medical Center is dedicated to providing excellent health care to the patients. The medical service in diagnostics and treatment combine health services with research and teaching. This enables a quick access to state-of-the-art scientific knowledge for diagnostics and therapy. The clinical and scientific experts strive daily to gain a better understanding of human diseases and to discover more effective treatments for the patients. (MEDIZINISCHE FAKULTÄT DER UNIVERSITÄT ULM and UNIVERSITÄTSKLINIKUM ULM)