Healthy and future-proof
THE ECONOMY IN THE ULM INNOVATION REGION
Strongly positioned in the Ulm innovation region.
The economy is strongly positioned in the innovation region of Ulm. A balanced mix of industries ensures crisis security. The high economic strength of the region can be seen in top positions in numerous studies and rankings. In many areas it is one of the leading regions in Germany.
International key players largely determine the core competencies of the innovation region, their technological competitiveness and their international orientation.
Global companies with a presence in the region
A small selection of companies that are present in the region:
- Bosch – the world’s largest automotive supplier
- Pfizer – largest global pharmaceutical company
- ratiopharm – fourth largest global generics manufacturer
- Liebherr – largest European construction machinery manufacturer
- Heidelberger Druck – worldwide market leader for printing systems in sheetfed offset printing
- EvoBus – largest global bus manufacturer
- Magirus – the world’s largest manufacturer of turntable ladder
In addition to the large corporations, the medium-sized and largely family-run companies form the economic backbone of the region and make a significant contribution to employment, tax power and securing the location.